Social Value Policy02/02/2023
This policy provides an effective framework for realising our commitment to maintaining and where possible enhancing the Social Value we create in the communities we work within, both as an employer and a provider of services. This policy applies to all Company employees, associates, and third parties who undertake activity for and on our behalf. It applies to the goods and services we procure, our direct operations and the services we provide to our customers.
What is The Social Value Act 2012?
As defined by The Social Value Act (SVA) 2012, “applies when you are procuring the provision of services, or the provision of services together with the purchase of hire of goods or carrying out works, that is subject to The Pubic Contracts Regulation (2015). The SVA requires you to consider at the procurement stage, how procurement could improve the social, economic and environmental well-being of the relevant area, and also to consider how in conducting the process of procurement, the commissioner might act with a view to securing that improvement.”
Introduction and Purpose
Forward Digital are fully committed to creating a sustainable inclusive society creating a future where everyone has a chance of a better quality of life, through new skills, investment and opportunity. Social Value is, therefore, fundamental in everything we do, and we promote sustainability and responsible business practices in a way which optimises positive impact, on the communities we work within through:-
Employment and Skills:
- Creating local employment opportunities or disadvantaged groups such as young people, ex-offenders and unemployed
- Enabling local people to obtain the skills needed to access employment, through training and specific accreditation courses
- Collaborating with voluntary groups, charities, and the community sector in designing and delivering services
- Upskilling our employees to equip them with new skills for the future, including digital technology
- Creating apprenticeships for young people within our business
- Creating workshops within local secondary/high schools
Environment & Climate Change
- Implement policies and procedures to minimise the environmental impact associated with our activities
- Seek to reduce our carbon footprint, minimise waste and energy consumption by using resources efficiently to maximise value, such as recycling facilities to reduce paper supplies and other materials such as plastic, glass which can be recycled.
- Playing our part to reduce air pollution, noise, vibration and nuisance within local communities to improve health
- Setting annual targets to become a more energy efficient business
- Implement the use of sustainable products within our projects
Social Value Review:
Implement policies and procedures to minimise any adverse impacts associated with our activities upon local communities.
Procuring goods and services from local SME’s, where possible, so as to benefit the local economies within which we operate.
- Sustainability of the workforce means retaining skilled employees and bringing new workers into the sector via Apprenticeships and Trainee programmes.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure that we have sufficient competent and capable employees to meet our sustainability vision.
- Working with local school and colleges, training providers, industry bodies to establish, generate wider interest in the industry and inspiring females and other groups to work within the construction sector.
- Actively encourage our employees to engage with local good cause initiatives and charitable events.
- Supporting our people to live healthier lives
All of the above points have been designed and implemented into our business with the use of the Social Value Act 2012 and the Greening Government Commitment. Forward Digital will continue to monitor these rules and regulations and update our policy annually subject to specific government guidelines being updated and released. Forward Digital will ensure that the Social Value Policy is communicated to our employees, supply chain partners and relevant interested parties.
Name and Title: Reece Charsville - Director.